December? Already???


Oh man, it's that time of year again....
Yup.
You know it.
You've only been hearing about it since the week before Thanksgiving. Perhaps even before that.
*sigh*
Christmas.
Now, don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. I love the lights, the atmosphere, the cookies and even on some morbid level, the shopping. My only concern is HOW did it get here so quickly????
Wasn't I just at the beach yesterday? Wasn't I just wearing shorts and flip-flops and feeling the back of my shirt stick to me whenever I climbed out of my car?
When in the freaking world did Christmas even ARRIVE????
Time, my friends, is slipping away, faster and faster, like sand, like water, like anything slippery, between our fingers to puddle at our feet. It's sad, isn't it, when you look up, look in the mirror and realize that the person staring back at you looks kind of different? Not because you dyed your hair. Not because you're wearing make-up or you had your lip pierced but because of time going by. It's sad and tad bit scary.
So enjoy what you have now, folks. You only get one shot at this life. One shot.
Make it good.

Cheers!

No comments

Post a Comment