Work in Progress Blog Hop!



Work In Progress Blog Hop ~ The Next Best Thing
Rules:

***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog

***Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

It’s that simple.

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:

What is the working title of your book?
Pleasant Dreams and it’s definitely a working title.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
Back in college, I took an “Aztecs and Mayans” class and it was the most interesting class I ever had and I was in English major! But it was very interesting to learn about other civilizations and the professor didn’t just talk about the temples, etc. He’d actually been to see them in person—mostly the Yucatan Peninsula-- so he provided a very colorful insight towards what we were only seeing pictures of. Now of course, the Aztecs and the Mayans were known for their human sacrifices and such and I’d be lying to say that that wasn’t the reason why I signed up to take this class in the first place. But it certainly was a factor and by the time the semester was over, I had Pleasant Dreams rolling around in my head.
What genre does your book fall under?
Thriller/suspense

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm. Probably Chris Hemsworth and Zachary Quinto. They’re both studly in their own right but I think they’d be able to pull off the emotional aspect of the story.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
“With no reason to think that he should live, Paul Holten runs for his life.” Which I have to say is kind of contradictory. This will probably go through several rounds of editing before I get it just right.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Hopefully represented by an agency,

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Oh man, the first draft isn’t even done. Recently I realized that I need to restructure the first half of the book and I have no idea where to start. The time frame, even as we speak, is wide open.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Honestly, none that I’ve ever read and I’ve read a lot.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My inspiration comes from so many things. For this book in particular, there is a very long list and I don’t think I have room here to list it all!
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?  
It has an edge of something in it that’s not completely grounded in reality as we know it which adds to the urgency. Our lack of understanding something always seems to motivate us a lot more, don’t you think? But a bigger part of this story will make you question how the past shapes us into the people we are today. 

Cheers!

No comments

Post a Comment